Locations: Manchester, NH
Under direct supervision of Lead Installer. HVAC Installer will assist in the installation of air conditioning, heating, ventilation systems in multi and single family homes. Installers will follow proper code and our company's rigid quality standards. Will report to work on time and ready to work.
Work Hours: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm CST, with 30 minute lunch and 2 -15 minute breaks.
Reports to: HVAC Supervisor/Lead Installer
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willingness to invest in tools used in the services of HVAC equipment.
- Motivated to invest time into training to advance job position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written directions as given.
Capable of following all Safety Guidelines:
- Ability to operate hand and power tools safely.
- Can work in situations requiring heights and tight working conditions from extension and step ladders.
- Can use safe lifting procedures on the job.
- Can work use full range of body motion to include
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
- Purchase required tools as listed for HVAC Installer
- Arrive at job site at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from Supervisor and Lead Installer and perform duties in a timely manner.
- Report any problems with company tools or vehicles promptly.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be supervised at all times.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Unload truck supplies and equipment.
- Participate in quarterly inventory.
- Participate and attend employee meetings and trainings.
- Develop customer service, communication and teamwork skills with Contractor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill Advancement (Within 6 months of hire date.)
- Learn and demonstrate within budgeted labor hours to AMI quality standards.
Perform tasks under direct supervision:
- Metal & Wood hole cutting.
- Duct installation and connection.
- Framing and nailing outlets.
- Installation of flex and duct to code and AMI Quality Standards.
- Properly vent and install bath fan.
- Installation of Gas Lines – No Hookups.
Development into Level 2 by observing Lead Journeyman, studying and enrolling in Gastite and EPA Class. Certification to Level 2 is expected.
- Furnace Hookups
- Refrigerant Lines
- Gas fittings, Gas Tags
- Gas Tree Construction
Key business indicators will be used to measure the effectiveness of the HVAC Installer – Level 1:
- Number of times projects are not installed on schedule.
- Organization and cleanliness of work site and work vehicle.
- Number of callbacks on workmanship.
- Paperwork accuracy, including time cards.
- Number of times fittings are installed incorrectly.
- Number of equipment/tool breaks due to lack of maintenance or proper use.