March 6, 2023
From icy cold winters to sweltering hot summers, it’s important to have a reliable heating and cooling system that can keep up with the changing temperatures all year round. That’s why many homeowners are turning to heat pumps as an energy-efficient, cost-effective way to stay comfortable regardless of what Mother Nature has in store. Here’s a look at how heat pumps work and why they make such great year-round solutions for homeowners.
At its core, a heat pump is an electrical appliance that works like an air conditioner in reverse. During the summer, it draws warm air from your home and transfers it outdoors, creating a cool environment inside. In the winter months, it does the opposite—it draws heat from outside and brings it indoors. Heat pumps don’t generate their own heat; instead, they transfer pre-existing thermal energy from one location to another. This makes them extremely efficient and cost-effective compared to traditional heating systems.
Here are just a few ways heat pumps are especially beneficial for homeowners in the Northeast:
- They have dual functionality as both a heating and cooling system.
- Because neither gas nor oil is needed to operate a heat pump, you won’t have to worry about ordering fuel or dealing with messy storage tanks on your property during either season.
- They don’t require any additional electricity beyond what’s needed to power their fans or compressor motors.
- There are no extra costs associated with running them throughout the year.
- Heat pumps are extremely quiet and require minimal maintenance—which means no more noisy furnaces disturbing your sleep during winter months!
- They’re a safer option because they don’t use gas or oil, therefore you won't have to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning or other dangerous side effects associated with traditional heating systems.
If you’re interested in learning more about heat pumps and how they can improve the safety and comfort of your home or business, or if you need to service your existing system’s heat pump, we invite you to contact us.
At George’s Heating and Cooling in Manchester, our team of experts can help. We’re a Preferred Diamond Contractor for Mitsubishi Electric Heading and Cooling, and are the most trusted professionals in the area. We offer a full range of heat pump services for homeowners, businesses, and construction developers, and work on all brands and models of furnaces. Call us today at 603-657-5863 for a free estimate or email us using our secure contact form.